Glasgow Host City
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and is internationally recognised as one of Europe's most exciting destinations with its wealth of cultural attractions; world class architecture and design; status as the UK's first ever UNESCO City of Music and year round programme of festivals and major events.
Glasgow and Scotland's sporting reputation has never been higher. Having delivered what is now widely recognised as the best ever Commonwealth Games and the 2014 Ryder Cup, Scotland continues to attract events of the very highest quality including the 2015 World Gymnastics Championships and the 2017 World Badminton Championships.
Edinburgh, Scotland's inspiring capital, where centuries of history meet a dynamic, cosmopolitan city amid an unforgettable setting, will host the Diving event at the Royal Commonwealth Pool.
North Lanarkshire's Strathclyde Country Park - over 400 hectares of countryside set within the valley of the River Clyde - will host both the Rowing and Triathlon. This lush green park, with its vast range of activities on offer, is one of the most popular family destinations in the central belt of Scotland, and attracts thousands of visitors each year.
For the Open Water Swimming competition, athletes will take to the glimmering waters of Loch Lomond against the impressive backdrop of Ben Lomond, Scotland's most southerly Munro. And you'll be immersed in breathtaking scenery once again for the golfing event at the world-class resort of Gleneagles, located in postcard-perfect Perth and Kinross.
- Glasgow currently ranked number 5 in the world in the SportBusiness Ultimate Sports City Awards
- Glasgow was named one of the top 20 'Best of the World' destinations for 2016 by National Geographic Traveler
- Scottish tourism supports 29,000 jobs and the visitor economy is worth £11m
- Glasgow is home to more than 100 cultural organisations and is one of only 19 UNESCO Cities of Music worldwide
- Scotland has been voted the world’s Best Cinematic Destination by USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards 2015
Tickets on sale now
Tickets for Glasgow 2018 are on sale now. Don’t miss your chance to be part of history at the first ever European Championships from 2 - 12 August 2018.